Friday, November 26, 2010

Hello!

So that last post was very long but that was me bringing the blog up to speed.

I am now still waiting for my left side PAO which is booked in for 10 February 2011, still a little while away but the time has been flying past so fast!

Almost as soon as I had my x-ray report and diagnosis in November last year I called mum to tell her. She promptly and wisely joined me up to a private health fund as I had never had private health insurance before. She must have had an inkling that I would need surgery and I was not going to bother joining private health insurance until I was convinced I really needed it, otherwise I thought it would possibly be a waste of my money. But I am glad she went ahead and joined me to one because otherwise I would be waiting a lot longer than I already am for the surgery.

The private health insurance has a 12 month waiting period policy on pre-existing ailments. This means I have to wait 12 months before being able to claim the hospital cover I need for the PAO. I’m not sure how it works with the public health system but I’m sure there would be a waiting list which could mean waiting years. That was not an option as the cartilage on my hip is being worn away more as time goes by and the less healthy the cartilage is, the less chance of success for the PAO.

It has been a year since joining private health so I am now able to claim hospital cover however we have booked in for February because A) that is the only suitable time my mum can take off from work to come down and take care of me and B) I would like to have my summer holidays Christmas and New Years free from being disabled. Also, Feb/March is a better time for me to take off from work as well, except for the appalling fact that I will be missing out on Soundwave festival in late Feb which only has the best line up of rock bands ever! L

My hip has been aching more and more every month and is just frustrating and annoying and sometimes I just want to stab it! But not really. But I refuse to give up wearing heels. I didn’t think it affected my hip anyway but now I find it is a little more difficult on my hip walking in them. But I will keep wearing my favourite high shoes until I physically cannot anymore. Which will be a large chunk of next year L

I have sort of decided that if I am to have both hips operated on, I should get it all done and over with, in one year so that I can get on with my life as soon as possible. That means the plan is to have left PAO in Feb, and 5 months to fully recover, then the right PAO in August, and be fully recovered by the new year after that... 2012?! It seems do far in the future! And that’s a lot of time off work in one year, but I don’t really mind and I’m sure we’ll all manage. My work is a desk job so at least I don’t have to stand all day or anything.

I really want to go travelling, spend some months in Europe and I can’t until all my hip shindigizzle is sorted out, and not to mention have some savings to go.  I feel like I need to put my life on hold until after I’m all fixed which will take too long and so much effort its frustrating. Errgh listen to me whine! There is so much worse things that could happen or that others are going through medically, I have no right to whinge! So I apologise.

I am looking forward to being pain free though.

I am also looking forward to my time off over xmas and new years up in QLD and see my friends and family! YAAY

No comments:

Post a Comment